Thursday, April 25, 2013

Haiku for My Husband (2)

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. In the morning, he taught his classes, and then enjoyed a relatively quiet afternoon just doing his thing. We had a nice evening with him.  We went to dinner where he enjoyed some chicken nachos and a beverage. At home he received his gifts. This year they were a Monty Python t-shirt which sported the line "It's just a flesh wound," a book of daily devotions for the intellect which contains 365 lessons from the seven fields of knowledge, and a lapdesk, which is not just any lapdesk (It has a lamp and its elevation can be adjusted!). I can't wait to see him reading his devotions at his lapdesk donning his new t-shirt. Afterwards, we had cake. It was a Snickers cake and everyone raved about it. Overall, I think it was a good day for him. 

Here is a haiku for my beloved, who seems to be always there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on, an ear to hear one of my crazy ideas, or a second brain to plan or connive.

My husband, my friend,
My brace, my fun, my balance
My cheer, my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment