Thursday, March 7, 2013

Haiku About Sadness

I feel like there are times in my life when the "bad stuff" piles on. Now is one of those times for us. Two days ago I was on the phone with my sister and said, "This week sucks. And it's only Tuesday." Monday we received bad news and on Tuesday we received some more bad news. And by "bad" I mean more than bad--I mean life-changing and not in an exciting, positive way. Yesterday was a day of processing for me. I would think about the "bad news" and then I would escape. Then, I would think some more. And then escape some more. No haiku writing yesterday, because my mind was too busy working out feelings. I'm being vague because I'm not ready to express here what our family is working through. But, I will be soon.



My haiku today is about living and doing and carrying on with a sadness that is profound and heavy.

Ev'rything's harder
and duller with this burden. 
Trudging through the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment