Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Haiku about Bob Marley

People love Bob Marley and his music. I love the idea of Bob Marley, a man from humble  beginnings who reaches millions with his music and words. I read once that if you need inspiring, cheering up, or if you're angry, listen to Marley. Three Little Birds makes my good moods even better. No Woman No Cry comforts me. One Love inspires me to be a better person. Redemption Song helps find a peace within. And Jammin is ....well, it's a great song  that I like singing along to. I'm one of those people who love Bob Marley and his music. 


Today is Bob Marley's birthday and I researched him.  There is so much more to Bob Marley than spreading reggae around the world, and smoking weed. He was revolutionary and uniting. He stood for freedom, self-expression, peace, and more. He received a United Nations Peace Medal for his work toward justice and peace in Jamaica. Bob Marley died at 36. To be so young and to have left such a legacy. That is pretty cool.

Today my haiku is about Bob Marley, who would have been 64 today, if...

When Bob Marley sings
"Don't worry about a thing,"
It makes me feel good.


No comments:

Post a Comment