Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Haiku about Katrina Our Cat (1)

Our cat Katrina has a reputation that precedes her. She is known as a "mean" cat. But, actually she isn't "mean." She's more of a "I'm not taking any of your crap" kind of girl. If she doesn't like how you're looking at her, she will hiss at you, saying, "Hey, take a picture, it'll last longer." (Which we have, many, many times). If she thinks that you're walking past her too many times, she'll swipe your leg with her paw, as if saying "Enough with the pacing, give a girl some peace." If she doesn't like how you're ignoring her when she sits staring at you while you're eating ice cream, she will yell at you, saying "Hand it over, you selfish SoB." You get the idea. She just won't take your crap. It's her way, or the highway. 


Today, she watches me to see if I go to the kitchen. And when I do, she follows me, then zooms ahead of me toward her full food dish, looks back and meows at me. She wants me to replace the three pieces of kibble she ate an hour ago. "Replace them now, I say!" she demands. I ignore her. This is repeated again and again throughout the day. Well, I know when I have to spend more time in the kitchen later, she will follow me and watch me and start to yell at me

So, today my haiku is an interpretation of Katrina's vocals as she exerts her will.

I will torture you
with countless constant meows 
'til  you obey me.

No comments:

Post a Comment