Saturday, February 16, 2013

Haiku about a Disappearance


Many things happened today that I could choose as a subject for my writing.  My siblings and I met at a restaurant with our families and celebrated our mom's birthday. My daughter is in the process of saying good-bye to her best friends, two sisters who are moving to Florida. I drove in virtual white-out conditions to do an errand and was almost in an accident not once, but twice. My oldest made some awesome white chocolate covered strawberries. My husband is feeling overwhelmed with work. My two boys are getting along very well. (I hope I didn't just jinxed it). My niece and I talked about cute cats. My asthma is acting up. Lots of stuff. 

 

The one thing that has been on my mind this evening is some news my brother told me at the restaurant. He told me that the missing man whose story I had been following in the news was a boy I knew. I had not realized I knew him. This man dropped his son off at the college in town, visited his mother and drove back to his home about an hour and a half away. He never showed up home. He disappeared. His car was found far away in Missouri. It's a mystery. And it gives me a sad feeling that something bad could have happened to the boy. It scares me, too. Yes, this is heavy on my mind. 

Today's haiku tells my reaction to this news. I'm surprised at how scared I am about it.


To disappear (Poof!)
 Shocked. Frightened. Vulnerable
Could happen to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment