Sunday, February 24, 2013

Haiku about Family Strength

All of us were running on fumes this afternoon. Oldest spent the night at a friend's house, and fell asleep around 3:00 in the morning. Middle also spent the night at some friends' house and fell asleep around five in the morning. Youngest stayed up at Grandma's until 12:00 midnight! Husband and I stayed up visiting with a friend. I didn't sleep until after 2:30. He fell asleep way after me. Needless to say, by 6:00 tonight during dinner, we were walking zombies, some of us more than others. 

What I noticed was that there were no conflicts, no sudden mood swings, no whining, no tears, no arguing. I have to admit, six months ago, there would have been conflict, mood swings, whining and more. Our children have come a long way in using self-control when they aren't feeling 100%, in admitting the fun they had came with the cost of lack of good sleep, and in taking care of themselves when they are tired.  We had a very pleasant dinner and evening. 

 Tonight, I am so grateful that we have all worked very hard in dealing with the past trauma our children brought with them. I am grateful for the strength we have all found in ourselves to heal and to help heal. Today's haiku is in celebration to the growth our family has made.

The past we address.
Together, we learn from it .
Healing. Blossoming,

No comments:

Post a Comment