Thursday, February 14, 2013

Haiku about Valentine's Day

Call me a party-pooper, but I'm not into Valentine's Day. Never have been. Well, yeah when I was in elementary school, it was fun to share the valentines with the class. But, after that it was not an important day. Of course, I never had a serious "valentine" until my twenties. And even then, it wasn't all that. Now that I think about it, I just remembered that my ex-husband told me on Valentine's Day that he wanted to be my ex-husband. But, that is not why I'm not into Valentine's Day.  I hadn't been into it before and I haven't been into it after. Just haven't. 

Nowadays, I buy each of my kids a special heart-shaped candy, wish them a Happy Valentine's Day, tell them they're my valentines and hand the candy over to them. Then they gobble it down. My husband and I don't do very much, if anything. My husband says, "Why do I have to give you flowers or candy on this day? Just because a card company tells me to?" He's a rebel. I'm glad we agree about this day.  We would rather spend our money on...I don't know...a new washer and dryer?

So, sorry Valentine's Day fans, my haiku today is anti-Valentines Day, because  it's just a whole lot more fun to write than a lovey-dovey one.


It's Valentine's Day!
A day when Halmark tells us
"Ha ha, ya suckers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment