Friday, February 1, 2013

Haiku about Snow (1)

A garage, a garage! My kingdom for a garage. I am so sick and tired of brushing off our car! And it's the new one we all love, so it sounds almost blasphemous when I said, "I kinda miss our little Saturn."  Why won't all the snow simply fall and be over with? Then, I brush it off once for the day and that's it. No, it's falling slowly for most of the day for the past few days. Over and over, I've brushed off the car. At one point, I brushed off the car four times by ten o'clock in the morning. It's driving me bonkers. I have to admit, though, the gently falling snow that today brought was awful pretty. Gave me a warm Christmas feeling. But, I digress. I wish our house came with a garage. I can see it now. I open the garage door, and my eyes would feast upon our treasured Grand Caravan clear of snow waiting for me. I would  warm it up a bit, put it in reverse, push the garage door opener and, voila! I'm on my way. I would be a happy camper, not a grumbling grump.


As I was brushing off the car with one of my boys, today, we talked about that dream garage and where we could have it built. It is possible, he pointed out. This short discussion got me thinking. Maybe we could do it. Do I dare dream? Husband and I need to talk. . .

Here's a little haiku I wrote to share a bit of the mindless chatter that ran through my mind today, while performing this mindless task for the umpteenth time. 

Brush, brush, brush the car.
Thank goodness! No ice to scrape!
Brush, brush, brush the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment