Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Haiku about a Brighter, Shinier Me

My major in college was Special Education: Emotionally Impaired. It required  many psychology classes. Psych 101, Abnormal Psychology, Personality and something I don't remember, Educational Psychology, Behavior Disorders, Group Dynamics, Child Development and more. I enjoyed studying psychology very much. I enjoyed learning about what makes us tick. Why do we do what we do? During one time in my life, I considered pursuing a degree in psychology, but it never happened.  And I'm alright with that. 




Today I read a little on Carl Roger's theory of self-actualizing, having our self-image match our ideal self. He says our only motive is to reach the point where how we see ourselves matches what we want our selves to be, which is to self-actualize. Where am I in self-actualizing?  I think my self-image and ideal self are overlapped some. And I want to work on the parts that are not. It's as if there is this other person inside me. One that is like me now, but brighter and shinier.


I've an inner self.
I wish she'd emerge fully,
'cause she's pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment