Monday, January 14, 2013

Haiku about Bacon

 There's this thing called Bacon Mania. Seems bacon is "in." The internet is full of bacon fun and humor. Lately, I've come across some good examples. One of my favorites is the picture of a car air vent showing the closed symbol (a rectangle with the diagonal lines) and the open symbol (three wavy horizontal lines). The caption read, "Email and bacon. This car has everything!" People are loving their bacon these days, with their novelty dishes and t-shirts. My favorite bacon t-shirt right now is the one that says "Bacon is meat candy." Funny. It makes me laugh, and that's a good thing. I need my healthy share of laughs a day. And these things help.




This morning I opened the refrigerator for some milk, and eyed our package of bacon. "Yum," came to mind immediately. Yeah, our family collectively smack our lips at bacon. The kids always say "Yay!" when bacon is involved in our meals. I could order bacon t-shirts for each child and my husband, and they would proudly wear them. We all appreciate the funny bacon sayings and pictures that are shared on facebook. We love our bacon by itself, with pancakes and eggs, in our sandwiches and burgers, our beans cooked with it, and some of us really enjoyed my brother-in-law's bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños.

This morning I wrote a haiku about bacon, which is yummy, but c'mon there's a limit, folks.

"Put bacon on it
It makes ev'rything better."
Doubt they meant icecream.

No comments:

Post a Comment