Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Haiku on New Year's Day





I actually struggled a little on how to start this. I thought I might tell you a little about myself, but I didn't really want to write about myself today. I thought maybe I'd write about how this blog idea came to be, but I scratched that idea too, because it isn't important enough to me. The fact is that I wanted to explore this enjoyment I have of sharing some random thoughts and ideas in this simple, concise manner. So, let me begin.



The above, rather primitive, drawing explains my haikus. They are not traditional, only in that they will have the syllable pattern of 17 syllables placed in 3 lines: First line containing 5 syllables, second one 7, and the last having 5. I will not purposely have a kireji (a word separating two ideas), nor a kigo (a seasonal or nature reference). Nothing fancy--and that, my friends, is me in a nutshell.

Here is today's haiku:



A new year ahead

Any resolutions, Dawn?

 Just sharing haikus.





No comments:

Post a Comment